Chris' children with some of their friends.
I am a parent, a research consultant, and Adjunct Professor at York University and have a son and daughter who have both recently graduated from TDSB schools.
As well as teaching at York, I have taught at the University of Toronto, Centennial College, and East York Collegiate. As a research consultant, my clients have included Public Health Departments, the United Way of Greater Toronto, Parent Action on Drugs, and former Trustees Bolton and Rodrigues of the Toronto District School Board. My research projects have included surveys of community education needs and evaluations of student health programs.
As Trustee I have worked to make the budget process at the Board more transparent. To this end, I championed the TDSB’s first Participatory Budget in March of 2012. More information on this initiative is available here.
As Trustee, I have held the following positions at the Board:
- Trustee Representative - Toronto Board of Health Board of Directors – Toronto Lands Corporation
- Chair – Human Resources Committee
- Trustee Representative – Budget Committee
- Co-Chair – Community Use of Schools Advisory Committee
- Trustee Representative – Community Education Advisory Committee
- Trustee Member – Strategic Directions Working Group
- Trustee Member – Technology Working Group
- Trustee Member – Administrative Space Working Group
- Trustee Organizer – Etobicoke Centre Ward Council
- Trustee Organizer – Etobicoke Centre Special Education Advisory Committee
- Trustee Organizer - Community and Youth Group
- Division 22 Community Police Liaison Committee
- International Partnerships Workgroup
- Trustee Member -- Aboriginal Advisory Committee